History and Facts of Martin House

Building History

Martin House was built in 1951 as a part of the Perkins Theology Quad. The building's namesake is Paul E. Martin who was a Bishop for the Methodist Church. Martin also graduated from SMU in 1919.

Hall Features

  • Located behind the Perkins School of Theology, adjacent to Hillcrest
  • 42 apartments for seniors

Apartment Features

  • Efficiency style apartments
  • Kitchenette area with stove, sink, and refrigerator
  • Furnished with a wall-mounted, pull-down Murphy bed, sofa, dresser, and desk
  • Average square footage is 280
 
 
 

Building Address: 5912 Hillcrest Avenue Dallas, Texas 75205