History and Facts of Smith Hall
Smith Hall was built in 1951 as a part of the Perkins Theology Quad. The building's namesake is A. Frank Smith who was one of the founding ministers of UPUMC and the chairman of the SMU Board of Trustees from 1936-1960.
- Upperclass housing- Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors
- Located next to the Meadows School of the Arts
- 85 residents
- Large study room and TV lounge
- Community kitchens on floors 2 and 3. Kitchen includes a stove, oven, and microwave.
- Double and single occupancy rooms.
- Community-style bathrooms
- Moveable furniture (bed, desk, dresser)
- Typical square footage is 243 for a double room
- Typical square footage is 110-151 for a single room
Building Address: 6020 Hillcrest Avenue Dallas, TX 75205